Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's almost 10pm. I've been up for almost 19 hours. You do the math.

Today was a bit atypical. I woke up at 3am and left the house at 4am, taking dad and Elise up to the Minneapolis airport. Dad bought a car online in Colorado Springs, and so they flew out and are currently in the midst of driving it back.

I got back to the house at 7am, leaving me 20 minutes to do whatever before getting out the door to walk to the bus stop. I made good use of the time, making sure I had everything in my bag for the day, cooking two eggs and making a full lunch to take with me for the day. All in under 20 minutes. Score.

I intentionally left all my pleasure reading at home today, intending to get some actual work done. Which I did! I finished up the book report for the R.A. book (Fireseeds of Spiritual Awakening) and got that sent in, caught up on some emails, and got a good chunk of processing done on what I want to write my Old Testament papers on this summer. I should leave my books at home more often. Hmm.

Now, typically I only work on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so with it being Wednesday, that was another thing that was atypical. Well, today was our volunteer training day for Thursdays on First (TOF) volunteers. We had two sessions, one at noon and one at 5:30. There were 7 people at noon and 5 at 5:30. TOF starts one week from tomorrow, woweee! I think things are going to come together well, and I'm excited for them to do so!!

Going to the Honkers home opener tomorrow night with a group of great friends, really looking forward to it! I love me some outdoor baseball!

No comments: